9th District Senate hopefuls will debate

The League of Women Voters is holding a debate between the two candidates vying for the 9th District Senate vacancy.

Marty Molloy

Marty Molloy

The forum will be held in the auditorium of Riddle Village on Baltimore Pike, across from the Granite Run Mall, on Sunday, April 17, from 2:30 to 4 p.m. The candidates are Democrat Marty Molloy, a nonprofit executive, and state Rep. Tom Killion, R-168, former chairman of Delaware County Council.

The special election to fill the seat vacated by former state Sen. Dominic Pileggi, who won a judgeship on the Delaware County Court of Common Pleas in November, takes place the same day as the primary, April 26; however, it is not a primary. Whoever wins the contest will take office.

Tom Killion

Tom Killion

The Pennsylvania State Education Association, the largest education employee organization in the state, has endorsed Molloy while Killion has earned the backing of the board of directors of Delaware County United for Sensible Gun Policy.

The 9th Senatorial District is comprised of the Delaware County boroughs and townships of Aston, Bethel, Brookhaven, Chadds Ford, Chester, Chester Heights, Lower Chichester, Upper Chichester, Concord, Eddystone, Edgemont, Marcus Hook, Middletown, Nether Providence, Parkside, Rose Valley, Thornbury, Trainer, Upland, and the City of Chester, as well as the Chester County boroughs and townships of Birmingham, East Goshen, West Goshen, Kennett, Kennett Square, East Marlborough, Newlin, Pennsbury, Pocopson, Thornbury, and Westtown.

Approximately 65 percent of the district voters reside in Delaware County. The remaining 35 percent live in Chester County.

 

 

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading...

About CFLive Staff

See Contributors Page http://chaddsfordlive.com/writers/

Comments

comments

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.