Archive for April 1st, 2017

Photo of the Week: Archie’s Remains

The ruins of the old Bullock Octagonal School House, and later a church, sit silently at the corner of Bullock and Ring roads in Chadds Ford Township. The school house was built in 1838, sold in 1875 and turned into a church after being purchased by Lydia A. Archie 1891. The site is known as Archie's Corner.

The ruins of the old Bullock Octagonal School House, and later a church, sit silently at the corner of Bullock and Ring roads in Chadds Ford Township. The school house was built in 1838, sold in 1875 and turned into a church after being purchased by Lydia A. Archie 1891. The site is known as Archie's Corner.

 
 

Guest bartenders serve Andy’s Potion

It was not Mike Connolly’s first time behind the Brandywine Brewing Company bar for a Chadds Ford Historical Society’s Guest Bartender Night, but it was his first time as the Society’s executive director. Connolly, along with popular celebrity bartender Victoria Wyeth and others, took orders from the crowd to support the Society. 100% of their tips were donated to ...