Pennsylvania State Police
Police said they arrested a 35-year-old woman from Claymont for shoplifting at the Target on Hatton Dr. in Concord Township on Dec. 14. The suspect was not identified in the report, but police said she stole $328 worth of merchandise.
• A 73-year-old woman from West Chester and a 15-year-old boy from Chadds Ford were injured in a one-car crash in Pennsbury Township on Jan. 30. The accident happened on Chandler Road at about 8:30 p.m. Police identified the driver as Elaine S. Lehman. According to the report, Lehman was southbound on Chandler when the 2022 Acura she was driving ran off the road hitting a bridge. Driver and passenger were taken to Paoli Hospital. Chandler Road was closed for about an hour.
• Police are looking for a 2009 Chevrolet Malibu in connection with a theft at the Walmart in East Marlborough Township on Feb. 4. The suspect had already fled when troopers arrived, the report said, but they were able to get an identity and the description of the car and its license plate number from a witness, the report said.
• A 30-year-old man from Kennett Square was arrested for DUI in Kennett Township at 3:02 a.m. on Feb. 3. Police made the traffic stop on Route 1 at Parkerville Road. Police did not identify the driver in the report but said they made the stop after observing multiple traffic violations. After the stop, police said they observed signs of impairment. Field sobriety tests also indicated impairment.
• Police said they arrested a 33-year-old woman from Avondale for DUI at S. Union and Magnolia streets in Kennett Square on Feb. 3. According to the report, troopers made the stop at 11:30 p.m. after observing vehicle code infractions.
• Applebees in East Marlborough Township was ripped off on Feb. 2. Police said someone stole a tip jar containing $200.
• Police said they arrested Charles Burley, 32, of Wilmington, for stealing $46 worth of merchandise from the Walmart in East Marlborough Township on Feb. 2.
• A 54-year-old woman from Wilmington was arrested for stealing $192 worth of clothing and housewares from the East Marlborough Township Walmart on Feb. 2. The suspect was not identified in the report.
• Thomas Henry, 28, of Kennett Square, was arrested for shoplifting at the East Marlborough Township on Feb. 1, a police report said. He is accused of stealing $295 worth of sealed football player cards.
• A 65-year-old woman from West Grove was arrested for DUI after she crashed her 2015 Honda into a state police patrol car on Jan. 9. The crash happened at the intersection of Lenape and Locust Grove roads at 6:57 p.m. According to the police report, the driver crossed over the center line.
• Police arrested two teenagers, an 18-year-old boy and a 17-year-old girl, from Newark, for shoplifting in East Marlborough Township on Jan. 29. The report did not mention the store, just that it’s on School House Road, nor did it say what was taken.
• Eric C. Bergwall, 61, of Kennett Square, was charged with driving at an unsafe speed on Jan. 19, police said. The accident happened shortly after 2 p.m. on School House Road in East Marlborough Township. According to the report, Bergwall was driving too fast for the conditions as he rounded a curve in the road and hit an oncoming vehicle head-on. No injuries were reported.
• Police said Michael F. Shaeffer, 27, of Garnet Valley, was cited for excessive following a one-vehicle accident on Lenape Road in Pocopson Township. According to the report, Shaeffer was driving too fast for the conditions as he rounded a curve, drove off the road, and struck a tree. No injuries were reported. The accident happened at 3:11 p.m. just north of Wayne Drive.
• A 45-year-old man from Wilmington was arrested for shoplifting at the East Marlborough Township Walmart on Jan. 30. Police did not identify the suspect in the report but said he stole $483 worth of merchandise.
Kennett Square Police Department
• On Dec. 18, District Court 15-3-04 issued an arrest warrant for Ross Robinson, 54, of Newark, for failure to appear at his preliminary hearing, police said. Robinson was arrested and charged with DUI and related traffic offenses after the red Dodge he was operating was stopped for traveling without headlights on, failing to stop at a steady red light, and making a right-hand turn at an intersection that is posted “No Turn on Red,” the report said. That incident occurred on Oct. 29, at 2:33 a.m., on W. State Street in Kennett Square. Upon making contact with Robinson, police said they observed indicators suggesting intoxication, and field sobriety tests showed impairment. Robinson was taken into custody for suspicion of DUI and refused to submit to a chemical test of his blood. He was processed and later released, pending issuance of a summons. Charges were filed at District Court 15-3-04.
• Borough police said they arrested Carole Armstrong-Lovelace for DUI after she was found sleeping in her car in a parking lot in the 400 block of E. South Street at 3:37 p.m. on Jan. 25. After making contact with her, the report said, officers noticed a strong odor of alcoholic beverages emanating from her breath and observed her eyes to be glassy and bloodshot. She was taken into custody after field sobriety tests indicated impairment. A chemical test of her breath later indicated a blood alcohol level of 0.220 percent. She was processed and later released pending issuance of a summons.