PennDOT has announced the following weather-dependent road projects that could affect drivers in the greater Chadds Ford area from Dec. 2 through Dec. 8. Motorists are urged to allow extra time traveling through one of the construction zones. Work schedules are subject to change.
• Utility work will cause lane closures on Baltimore Pike between Schoolhouse Lane and Ladbroke Road in West Marlborough Township through Dec. 15.
• Vegetation management continues to cause lane closures on Old Kennett Pike between Route 82 and Burnt Mill Road in Kennett Township through Dec. 15.
• Vegetation management also continues lane closures on Route 52 between Route 1 and the Delaware state line, and on Parkersville Road between Route 1 and Raven Lane through Dec. 15.
• Work to replace the bridge that carries Smithbridge Road over Webb Creek in Concord Township is underway. The 96-year-old bridge has been closed since July 14, following a bridge inspection that determined structure deterioration. During construction, motorists will be directed to follow the existing detour using Bethel Road, Garnet Mine Road, Route 491, and northbound Route 202. The project is scheduled to finish in April of 2024.
• Utility installation will cause periodic lane shifts on N. High Street between Route 3 and Gay Street in West Chester through Dec. 25.
• Utility installation will cause periodic lane closures on Route 3 between High and Walnut streets, and on High Street between Market and Gay streets in West Chester through Dec. 25.
• Motorists should expect lane restrictions with a detour for trucks on Route 162 at its intersection with Route 82 in Newlin Township because of bridge repair. There is currently no date for completion.