PennDOT has announced the following road projects, which are weather-dependent and could affect drivers in the greater Chadds Ford area during the week of May 28 through June 3. Motorists are urged to allow extra time if traveling through one of the construction zones. Work schedules are subject to change.
• Concrete patching will continue to cause lane closures on Route 1 in Concord Township May 31 to June 2, between Pole Cat and Thornton roads.
• Pipe installation will cause Doe Run Station Road in West Marlborough Township to close between Gumtree Road and Springdell Road on Thursday, June 2, and Friday, June 3, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. During the closure, Doe Run Station Road motorists will be directed to use Gumtree Road and Springdell Road. Local access will be maintained during the operation.
• Utility maintenance will cause a single lane closure on Route 1 in Kennett Township from May 31 to June 14. That closure will be between Ladbroke Lane and Greenwood Road.
• There will also be a lane closure on Route 1 in Kennett Township from June 4 to June 11 for utility installation.
• Continuing through June 10, utility replacement will cause lane closures on Route 1 between Elmwood and Lenape roads in Kennett Township.
• The Embreeville Road Bridge over the West Branch over the Brandywine Creek in Newlin Township remains closed because of the Sept. 1 flooding. The closure remains listed as indefinite.
• Pole replacement will cause lane closures on Route 842 —Clonmell Upland Road — in West Marlborough Township through the end of June. The closure will be between Street and London Grove roads.
• Utility work in West Chester will cause a daytime lane closure on High Street from May 23 through June 6.