PennDOT has announced the following road projects, which are weather-dependent and could affect drivers in the greater Chadds Ford area during the week of Nov. 28 to Dec. 4. Motorists are urged to allow extra time if they are traveling through one of the construction zones. Work schedules are subject to change.
• Motorists should expect flagging procedures on High Street in West Chester, between Union and Barnard streets, from Nov. 30 through Dec. 4, due to road restoration. Utility work will also cause lane restrictions on High Street between Price and Norfolk streets from Nov.30 through Dec. 20.
• Utility work will cause lane closures on Route 1, between Union Street and Baltimore Pike in Kennett Township, on Dec. 1.
• PECO Energy is planning weekday lane closures on Market Street, between Walnut Street and Garfield Avenue in West Chester Borough, from Wednesday, Nov. 18, through Friday, Dec. 18, for utility work.
• Culvert replacement continues to close Route 926 between New Street and Route 202 in Thornbury Township through mid-December. During the closure, Route 926 motorists will be directed to use Route 202 South, Brintons Bridge Road, and Birmingham Road. Local access will be maintained up to the construction zone. Commercial Trucks will be directed to use 202 South, Route 1 South, and Route 52 North.
• The Concord Road bridge over Green Creek will be closed and detoured between Valentine Drive and Foulk Road in Concord Township. Work is expected to be completed in early February 2021. During the closure, Concord Road motorists will be detoured over Valley Brook Road and Smithbridge Road. Local access will be maintained up to the construction zone.