PennDOT has announced the following road projects, which are weather-dependent and could affect drivers in the greater Chadds Ford area during the week of Dec. 24 through Dec. 30. Motorists are urged to allow extra time if traveling through one of the construction zones. Work schedules are subject to change.
• And so it continues. Line painting, sign installation, and utility operations continue to cause daytime lane closures on Route 1 between Creek and Pole Cat roads from Tuesday, Dec. 27 through Thursday, Dec. 29.
• Bridge repair work will cause daytime lane closure on Route 82 (Doe Run Road) in West Marlborough Township from Monday, Dec. 5 through Friday, Dec. 9. The work is to repair damage from Hurricane Ida on the bridge over Black Run.
• Motorists should expect lane closures on Embreeville Road in both Newlin and East Marlborough townships for vegetation management through Dec. 30.
• Utility work is expected to continue causing daytime lane shifts on Harvey Road in Chadds Ford Township through Jan. 31
• Through the end of December, utility renewal will continue causing daytime lane restrictions on Route 52 between Fairville Road and Wedgewood Drive in Pennsbury.
• Motorists should expect lane restrictions with a detour for trucks on Route 162 at its intersection with Route 82 in Newlin Township because of bridge repair. There is currently no date for completion.
• The Embreeville Road Bridge over the West Branch over the Brandywine Creek in Newlin Township remains closed because of last year's Sept. 1 flooding from Hurricane Ida. The closure remains listed as indefinite.