PennDOT has announced the following road projects, which are weather-dependent and could affect drivers in the greater Chadds Ford area during the week of Dec. 11 to Dec. 17. Motorists are urged to allow extra time to travel through one of the construction zones. Work schedules are subject to change.
• Tree removal on Dec. 14 will force a daytime lane closure on Route 52 between Burrows Run Road and Creamery Lane in Kennett Township.
• Gas main replacement will cause daytime lane closures on Route 202 at Watkin Avenue in Concord Township through Dec. 15. There will also be nighttime lane closures at 202 and Watkin through Dec. 22.
• Aerial maintenance will cause daytime lane shifts on Route 926 between Byrd and Newark roads in West Marlborough Township through Dec. 30.
• Aerial maintenance will cause daytime lane shifts on Route 926 between Newark Road and West Baltimore Pike in West Marlborough Township through Dec. 30.
• Roadwork on Route 1 through Chadds Ford has calmed temporarily. Sawing and milling between Creek Road and Route 202 have stopped but will resume in the spring before final repaving. However, lane closures remain in place in both directions on Route 1 between Hoffman Mill Road and Fairville Road in Chadds Ford and Pennsbury townships for Route 1 bridge repair over the Brandywine Creek. The left lane in both directions will be closed into December to continue expansion dam replacement.
• Storm damage has forced the closing of the Street Road Bridge over the White Clay Creek in West Marlborough Township. PennDOT is listing the closure as indefinite.
• Storm damage also closed Embreeville Road Bridge over the West Branch over the Brandywine Creek in Newlin Township. That closure, too, is listed as indefinite.