PennDOT has announced the following road projects, which are weather-dependent and could affect residents in the greater Chadds Ford area during the week of Dec. 29 -Jan. 4. Motorists are urged to allow extra time if they are traveling through one of the construction zones. Work schedules are subject to change.
• Route 3, West Chester Pike, between S. Matlack Street and High Street, will be closed for utility installation between Jan. 7 and Feb. 28
• The Route 82 — Creek Road — bridge in Kennett Township remains closed indefinitely.
• Barrier installation continues to cause indefinite lane closures on Brandywine Creek Road, between Green Valley and Powell roads, in Newlin Township.
• Merion Drive in Concord Township, between Marlborough Lane and Cambridge Drive, will be closed and detoured from Dec. 3 to April 30 for reconstruction.
• Station Road North— between Conchester Highway and Concord Road — remains closed through Jan. 19.